Colourful handmade shapes come together to form enchanting creatures and inventive fairy-tale settings in the signature illustration style of Gina Rosas. Using a whole range of techniques from paper cut to digital and even Aquatint printing, Gina has forged her own unique method of image making, but what excites clients even more is the way she’s able to apply it to such a varied range of briefs.
Born in Colombia but now based in Germany, Gina’s artwork feeds off her native culture. She’s inspired by the traditional folk music of Colombia and Latin America, as well as the natural environment in her homeland. With experience working in an advertising agency, she understands the creative process and knows what it takes to turn a brief into an intriguing new piece of art. Gina studied visual arts in Colombia and Illustration at the University of Applied Science in Hamburg.
Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
Good Housekeeping Magazine
Real Simple Magazine
Colombian Youth Philharmonic
Awards & nominiations
2022 Selected illustrator at Bologna Children's Book Fair's Exhibition and Catalogue
- 2020 Picture this! Winner 2020
- Merit award at 3x3 llustration Annual No.17
- 2019 Scholarships for highly committed students, DAAD
- 2019 Honorable Mention at 3x3 llustration Annual No.16
- 2018 Excellence Scholarship for foreign students, HAW Hamburg
- 2018 Selected illustrator at “Latin American Illustration 7”
- 2018 Selected illustrator at " Pitti Immagine Bimbo"
- 2018 Selected illustrator at "Bologna Children's Book Fair's Exhibition" and Catalogue
- 2017 Selected illustrator at "Hiii Illustration” International Competition